Friday, March 27, 2009

Nothing Bundt Cakes & The Chocolate Bar

Every once in a blue moon, my ex-roomie Kathy comes down to Houston and I get a chance to catch up with her for a bit. She came down just for one day and we got to have dinner (for some reason when she comes we always end up eating at some eh place with eh food) and watch the Baylor men's basketball team lose. Kathy brought me and the boys four small bundt cakes from
Nothing Bundt Cakes in Dallas. These were really good! They were very moist too. I think my favorite one out of those would be the White Chocolate one- it had some fruit at the bottom of it which was a nice surprise. I would definitely buy more of these if there was one here in Houston.. might be a good thing that there isn't... yet.

Another dessert place that is in Houston that I visit from time to time is The Chocolate Bar. They recently opened a second location in the Rice area, but I haven't been to that one yet. Kim A. was in town for the weekend and so when we got back from Chicago, Kim A., Kim (my sister), and I took a trip down to the Chocolate Bar to catch up and have a chocolate overload. We just got two cakes- Rocky Road and the Turtle Torte. I think we would have bought more, but by the time we realized we wanted more because we were talking and stuff, they were closing on us. If you're ever in the mood for Chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, chocolate covered treats, chocolate dipped fruit, misc. objects made of chocolate, or safe chocolate treats for your dog- head over to the Chocolate Bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment