Saturday, March 28, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm having lunch with Stacy, Kati, and Claudia, and I am bringing dessert. I originally was just going to make yellow cupcakes and use chocolate frosting from a box. I came home, got everything out, and realized I only had 2 eggs left and the box said I need 3. I really did not feel like making another trip to the store. Got online, tried to see what I felt like doing and so I made these chocolate chip cookies instead. Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies right? There are so many different chocolate chip cookie recipes out there. I think the simple ones are the best. The one I used tonight is from another food blog. I think the biggest thing when making cookies is simply this: do not overcook them - undercooking them slightly is better than overcooking them at all.

So here is how I made them: *preheat oven to 325F*
1) sift together 2 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt
2) different bowl: cream together 1 cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup sugar, and 3/4 cup melted butter
3) add 1 tablespoon vanilla, 1 egg, and 1 egg yolk to mixture
4) slowly add in the dry ingredients until it is fully incorporated
5) stir in the chocolate (about 2 cups but if you like a chip for every small part you might want to add more)
6) drop by tablespoons or use a cookie dropped like I did onto some cookie sheets
7) bake for 10-15 minutes- do not over cook these!

These turned out great. I might keep this recipe or try a new one.. not sure yet. One recipe I do want to try out one day is homemade oreos... we'll see if I ever get around to making them though..

1 comment: