Sunday, March 22, 2009

Goi Cuon

So Ryan and I made spring rolls one night for the two of us and my dad. Spring rolls are really easy to make- not the easiest to roll but still. The thing that takes the longest in my opinion is boiling the pork and the rice noodles. Everything else takes no time at all. Since I come home a little late in the evening, I boiled the pork the night before so I could just come home, slice it, cook the noodles, and everything else would be ready to go.

Here's what you need: sliced boiled pork, cooked shrimp peeled, rice noodles, rice paper, lettuce, mint, bean sprouts (optional), hot sauce, hoison sauce, and peanut butter- chopped peanuts and shredded carrots are optional to top the sauce.

Boil some hot water, put it in a bowl, dip rice paper in the hot water to make it soft. Put it on a plate and load it with whatever you'd like to put in it. Ryan makes his differently than me in the order of how we put things down. When you roll it you want to make it as tight as possible.

Melt some hoison sauce and peanut butter over the stove until it's hot (thin it out with some hot water) and put some in a bowl when you're ready. Top with hot sauce, peanuts, and carrots. That's it!


No comments:

Post a Comment