Friday, June 26, 2009

Homemade Oreos

So I enjoy looking at and reading different blogs. One type of blogs I enjoy reading and following are food blogs. I saw a post about these homemade oreos that I really wanted to try. Ryan's dad LOVES oreos and I have been wanting to make them for a while now. Father's day was coming up so I thought this would be the perfect time to give them a shot! I got the recipe off of the Smitten Kitchen blog. I wasn't sure how similar it would be to a real oreo but I have to say.... it is really really close!!!! I made the cookies about twice as big/thick as they should have been so it was more like an oreo cakester but still... I'm impressed! haha. They look better on her website so if you want the recipe and instructions head on over to the Smitten Kitchen. Ryan and I gave them a try after I finished making them and they were actually really good. If we had a glass of milk with them it would have been perfect. Might even be better than the real oreo! I just hope they were just as good 2 days later on Father's day when we gave them to Ryan's dad...

No comments:

Post a Comment