Tuesday, June 23, 2009

100% Taquito

Kimmy felt up for Mexican food one night, so Kimmy, Jonathan, and I went to try 100% Taquito off of 59. I had heard that it was good and we wanted to try a new place. I tried the Tacos al pastor (pork tacos with pineapple), and the sopes de tinga (beef brisket, black beans, fresco cheese on a fluffy corn tortilla, and Kimmy tried a torta (sandwich made with french bread and fajita beef), which I've been interested in at other places but never got around to trying. I think Jonathan ordered chicken tacos.

The food was ok, nothing too special, but it was nice to try some new Mexican items like the sopes and torta, and the prices were nice and cheap. Overall, we decided it wasn't too bad, but we'd just rather go to another place for mexican food, even Taco C or something would be just as satisfying. Be on the lookout for a post about El Rey Taqueria coming up after the next time I make a visit there, because that's a place with tacos worth revisiting.




I decided on this rating because if you happened to be in the area and needed a cheap quick lunch or something it wouldn't be bad, but I would say it's not good enough to make a trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment