Monday, June 22, 2009

Hey Cupcake - Austin, TX

Ryan and I have been traveling to Austin a lot this month. If we're not in Austin, then our Austin friends are down here so we're getting to spend a lot of good time together. My best friend Kim and I both love desserts- almost all desserts! So, she took Ryan and me out to Hey Cupcake! out on Congress. That area is cute with lots of shops and we sat outside at one of their tables while a man was playing his guitar near by. Ryan got the 24 carrot cupcake, I got the standard- a vanilla cupcake with pink icing, and Kim got the double dose-chocolate with chocolate. She also got a standard and red velvet to bring home. I had a bite of Ryan's and liked the carrot one. I tend to like more dense cakes/cupcakes and the standard cupcake just falls apart in your mouth and melts. Kim loves it and I can understand why she would or why a lot of others would- It's just my preference. It was also verrry sweet! The cupcakes were big and for a good price (only $2.50 compared to $3.50 at Crave in Houston). The atmosphere was fun and I wouldn't mind going back. I would probably try something different though or the carrot cake one.

1 comment:

  1. mmmm I love Hey cupcake too! Glad ya'll finally got to try it! -marisa

    ReplyDelete