Friday, May 29, 2009

Gianna Italian Kitchen

A few weeks ago, we went to Gianna Italian Kitchen in Tomball with my grandparents Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw, who recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.

The food was pretty good. We ate some freid ravioli and bruschetta as apetizers, and both were very good. There was a nice salad with creamy italian dressing. The dressing wasn't bad, creamy and tangy, but there was just too much of it. Kimmy and I both ended up ordering their seafood ravioli, which the waitress said would be stuffed with scallops, shrimp, etc. When we got it, it was drenched in thin soupy sauce, and it seemed like there was a lot of salmon in the ravioli, which was fine, just not what we were expecting. A few other people got it too and liked it, we jsut weren't crazy about it. We tried the other things people ordered, eggplant parm and spaghetti with meatballs, and they were both good. The desserts weren't bad either.

A nice place for dinner, but I would definitely try something different if I made it back.



1 comment:

  1. I really like this restaurant, and we've been happy with everything we've gotten here...except the seafood ravioli--I didn't like it at all. Michael really likes the veal parmesan, and now I always get the pasta with fresh vegetables.

    ReplyDelete