Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Engagement Dinners

So there were a few but this is the only one I really took photos of.
1) Suppose to be with my dad, my sister, Ryan, and me but ended up being with my two aunts, two uncles, and Lien at a Vietnamese restaurant off of 249 across from Methodist Willowbrook (still don't like going over to that area very much but we might be back)
2) Fish City Grill with Ryan's parents and dessert and coffee at Mawmaw and Pawpaw's afterwards (meh, good enough to try it once)
3) Texas Steamboat House with Ryan's parents and my dad-(just meh- dad wanted to go here)- the waiter did give us a free dessert though so that was nice! Oreo covered Blue bell ice cream

Anyways, this post is about dinner #1. One thing I love about eating at Vietnamese restaurants with my family is all the food!! I love getting like 8 courses and just sharing all of it, although if Chu Long comes along you have to eat faster than you normally would because he can eat anything and everything!

Our menu for the night:
1) crab and fish soup
2) beef carpaccio salad
3) shrimp rolls
4) roasted duck with steamed buns
5) beef with veggies
6) whole steamed fish (always good sauce on these)
7) mushrooms with Vietnamese water spinach
8) salted squid (one of my favorites but a lot of places don't cook it right)
9) taro root dessert

If you have never experienced courses like this then just wait... Ryan and I are looking at at least 8 for the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment