Sunday, May 17, 2009

Crave Sushi

After running around with kids, tired, and looking like crap, I decided to have my sister-Huong and my sister in law to be- Tina (brother's fiance) meet me downtown so I can try on wedding dresses for the first time. Figured out what I thought I liked in a dress doesn't really work, so I was open to trying on all sorts of dresses... and I did! I tried on several of them! We put down two and were starving by the time we were done. We were going to head down to Azuma, but we passed by Crave Sushi and turned around. I have heard of Crave and have been wanting to go test it out. The place is small, cute, has the whole dim lighting thing going on (which doesn't work well for photo taking), and some interesting rolls. Overall, it's a nice place to go to- I think I am finding that most sushi places are starting to blur into one another. All are going for this unique atmosphere which really just ends up having the same basics but with their own styles and similar rolls with a few of their own. I still like Oishii the best because of the price and because it's nothing fancy. I will take a hole in the wall with good food instead of a nice atmosphere with ok food. Anyways, here is what we had:

1) Gyoza- they pour a lot of the sauce over it already- I kind of wish they didn't but it was still good
2) Spider roll- good - same o same o
3) Pho Sho roll- I was skeptical that a roll could taste like Pho, asked the waiter and he said he believed it did so I gave it a shot. It's a spring roll basically. It has the pretty much raw meat inside with rice noodles, bean sprouts, and hoison sauce, and it gives you just the smallest, itty bitty hint of Pho. It's good as a regular spring roll though!
4) Slow Yo roll- my sisters and I both love the S&M roll at Miyako's and so Huong was trying to find something similar to it. The waiter mentioned that this would be the closest one and it was nothing like the S&M but it was still good. The presentation on this one was pretty and I enjoyed the different kinds of eggs on top
5) Dragon roll- the waiter said this was one of their most popular ones- I think it is a popular one at most sushi places and it was just about the same as other sushi places.



1 comment: