Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ok seriously..

We do want to keep this blog updated with stuff... but we just haven't cooked or gone out to eat where they have interesting things to take a photo of.

One night, Ryan and I went on a search to find a random spot to have dinner so that we could post on here... but we ended up in very typical places with food we've had before. So it was unsuccessful..

Here is a list of places we've been since we haven't been posting..
* The Stover's Holiday Cocktail Party- great appetizer type food - crab cakes, bacon asparagus, etc, and pomegranate martinis. It was good food and a nice party.
* Uncle's house- he's the big chef on my side of the family so of course we had some good Vietnamese food - Bun rieu
* Newman house- Christmas eve dinner #2- great chicken fried steak + sides
*One's a meal- Greek Village (I prefer Niko Niko's but if you want to watch strange people this is a place to go- never know who is going to come to our table next, what those group of odd looking men were gathering about (dungeons and dragons?), how many people work there, and where our waitress went (she just left))
* E*star- Chinese buffet... well... what can I say about that?
* Tina's family's house- eating Vietnamese food while freezing outside to the point where it's hard to enjoy the food but I'm really hungry so I'm going to keep eating in this windy cold rainy weather.
* Chick fil A- always good and always want some on a Sunday
* Dairy Queen in Giddings, TX - right before they were closing and a worker accidentally knocked the bucket of water she was using to mop the floors over and the sounds of Chewbacca was our cue to leave..
* Popeyes in Austin- best fried chicken side dishes of the fast food chicken places I guess..
* Wedding reception in Dripping Springs- good cake, cheese, meat, etc
* Hickory Street in Austin- I liked my sandwich, others were ok- I touched the sandwich they gave me and then switched out to give to someone else since I got the wrong sandwich..
* Pho Thaison in Austin- eh, ok place- Pho seemed alright - my Bun Thit Nuong Cha Gio was ok.. probably wouldn't order it again though if I went back there
* Red Robin in Austin- good burgers and it was Ryan's first time there- he got the one with the fried egg on top (makes me miss Kitox in Waco). I agree with Ryan on this one though, we'd rather go to Fuddruckers
* Pancakes from a box- even though they were from a box I liked them- liked them even more with chocolate chips

I think that sums it up... I'll try to take more photos from now on - sometimes even if they are boring...

No comments:

Post a Comment