Friday, January 23, 2009

a nonfood post- Discovery Green

So one place Ryan and I went to, but didn't eat at, is Discovery Green Park downtown. We both said we guess it is like the Central Park of Houston. It's a really nice park. Great place to walk around, lay on the grass, roll down a perfectly formed hill, get drenched in really cold water from different fountains, watch people walking their dogs, watch people play frisbee or soccer with their families (including people who look like the Duggars from TLC), get a bite to eat if you haven't already from the Lake House, The Grove, or from vendors. I'd like to go back and get some food from the Lake House and find a spot on the grass somewhere. I'm sure the water fountains will be packed with children running through them when the weather gets warmer around here. I think there will be shows/concerts in the spring or summer similar to Miller soon. I also think they'll bring back the outdoor ice skating each winter. If you have the free time and want to take a walk or people watch... make your way downtown.

New edit: additional childhood photos added to La Vang post below

1 comment:

  1. I want to ice skate!
    I want to roll down a hill!

    I miss you Kimmy! I cannot wait to see you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete