Monday, January 5, 2009

Farrago World Cusine

A friend and I met up for dinner tonight. Jonathan suggested Farrago and so that's where we went. It's in midtown and was easy to get to tonight since it was pretty much empty. There was plenty of free parking in the garage connected to it. It's a nice place, but since there wasn't a lot of people a lot of the staff just standing around. Even people from the kitchen were out in the dining room because they had nothing else to do. Anyways, here is what we had:

Appetizer: Fried Eggrolls
lobster, crawfish, cream cheese, goat cheese and chinese mustard
These were very creamy. I liked them- but who wouldn't like them? The Chinese mustard was on the side and I didn't even use it because the egg roll had enough flavor on it's own. Sorry I forgot to take a picture of them... they look like an egg roll. lol. I did remember to take a picture of our entrees though...

Friend's Entree: French Chicken
grilled, mushroom risotto, asparagus & lemon caper oil

So if I were to go back, this is what I would get because it was really good! I liked each part of this dish when I stole bites off of her plate :)

My Entree: Lamb Shank
braised, tomato, dried fruit, basmati rice, cilantro & lime

Yeah, I didn't care too much for mine. It was like eating fatty meat with tons of tomato and minute rice.

Jonathan said their burger was good so maybe I'll give that a try next time. Overall, I wouldn't mind going back if that's where people want to go, but I probably won't suggest it on my own- too many other places to try.

2 comments:

  1. is that fried chicken supposed to look like a hand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never thought about it that way- but yeah it does look like a hand..

    ReplyDelete