Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sugar Biscuits/Donuts

I had my first "sugar biscuit" or donut at E*Star buffet here in Houston. I use to always pass them up because I was more interested in the mediocre food all out there for you to eat as much as you want even though you shouldn't. One day, my mom decided to give them a try and fell in love with them. From then on, any time we went there she would have a couple of them and then put some in a napkin to take home as a snack later. They never made it home and she would eat them right there in the car. We always think of her when we go to E*Star and I think it might be why my dad loves going there so much. Her memory and the shrimp. Now, every time we go we also take one or two of these, put them in a napkin, and bring them home for her.

One day, I asked Ryan how he thought they made them. He said he's pretty sure it's just a fried biscuit from a can. I didn't believe him so we tried it one day. Sure enough it is! Open a can of biscuits, heat up some oil, fry them up, coat it in sugar, and enjoy. Each time we make these dad ends up eating about 10 of them in a few hours. He didn't even want to bring them over to a friend's house to share because he was afraid there wouldn't be enough for himself. Try it out- they're good!


1 comment: