Sunday, February 22, 2009

Another fruity gummy

So, there have been places we could have posted about... we just forgot to take photos of things while we were there so I'll try to sum some of it up:

1) Breakfast at home- didn't know what to cook for dinner and didn't have much to cook with at the house so I did a breakfast spread for dinner. We had over easy eggs (aka pop eggs), bacon, pancakes, burnt toast, and hashbrowns. It was pretty nice. I enjoyed it. Dad seemed to enjoy it too and said that we should do this for dinner again sometime, not soon but sometime. He is never too confident about my cooking and thinks once I cook something he likes I'll cook it over and over again. I will... but I do know better than to not cook it within the same week!

2) Mardi Gras grill - hot oysters that burned my tongue for several days- tons of butter on the bread that was warm and addicting. I had the crawfish pasta which was heavy, oily, and crawfishy. I was starving and it was good at the time. Ryan had a cup of gumbo which has a very dark roux and a poboy with regular and sweet potato fries. Brian had some crab bisque. To sum it up= alright food, crawfish looked small for 6.99/lb, waiter was hard to catch- most likely be back since it's close to the boys.

3) Thought we might have a place to post about when Ryan took me up to San Jacinto to show me his office and where he works. Too bad they shut down I-10 and we took this huge detour, made it to San Jac and the building was locked. Since we took that detour we didn't have as much time to eat like we thought we would and just had whataburger.. nothing much to post about there.

4) Instead of our usual Sunday place that we're getting somewhat tired of, dad wanted to go down to Hong Kong 4. It's like the gathering place on Sundays! It is fun to people watch some and I'd probably enjoy it more if I were showing people around that haven't seen what that mall is like... but I was starving by the time we got down there. We ate some broken rice with so much stuff on top of it that I couldn't finish it all. I was hoping I wasn't too full and could order a few lbs of crawfish as dessert... no luck I was stuffed!!! Followed dad around, visit his old neighbors from Vietnam as they ask questions like "is she the youngest?" "when are you getting married?" "how old are you now?" etc etc etc, run into people from church as I try to be polite and greet them yet hide behind dad so I don't really have to talk to them then bow and leave, watch all the people eat crawfish, see two separate tables-one of men one of women playing old games, nice to see they added a yogurt shop to the food court with more interesting flavors, look for some sour lemon candy (Stacy- I was wanting some and I was going to bring you some!) with no luck, bought some peach gummies instead, and so on.

For some reason I have become interested in these fruit gummies- their flavors are so strong makes you think you are having a piece of the real fruit but it's candy. Anyways- posted about the mango ones so I thought I'd add the peach ones too. I'm not one who really likes sweet peaches- If my finger moves at all when I squeeze a peach it's too ripe for me. Same with apples, nectarines (my favorite), etc. How do you like your fruit?

No comments:

Post a Comment