Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bo Luc Lac

So I wanted to cook dad some dinner real quick before I left the house Friday. I was a good "stay at home person" and did the laundry, dishes, trash, ironing, etc. For a quick dish that I love- I cooked rice with bo luc lac. Literal translation= shaking beef. This is the breakdown of it:
1) thinly slice some onion- put it in a bowl, pour white wine vinegar over it and allow it to soak as long as possible
2) cut beef (sirloin steak) into cubes, add fish sauce, salt, sugar, pepper, and chilies- allow it to marinate
3) Wash spinach or watercress - spread it over a big plate
4) cut tomato into slices or wedges and put it over the greens
5) mince up some garlic- heat up a skillet- add oil and garlic
6) once it's really hot- dump in meat, let it sear, then shake it around until it's cooked doesn't take long
7) turn it off and let it rest, drain onions, spread over tomatoes
8) pour meat over everything and enjoy!!!!

Additional photos of mango gummies- Ryan and I got them from the Vietnamese market. These are so addicting and seriously taste just like real mango. I can even taste the stringiness of the mango. Just thought I'd share it as well. Gone the same day we bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment