Saturday, November 14, 2009

Grilled Chicken Skewers

I had made these a long time ago for kimmy at my parents' house, and she requests them every so often because they turned out really great then. This time around they were just ok, or maybe our standards are just higher these days.

I cut up some chicken breast and marinated it in soy, ginger, honey, and lime for a few hours. It's a nice, salty-sweet marinade for chicken. Kimmy helped me put the skewers together, chicken, squash, zucchini, onion, and mushrooms. Next time I need to think like Alton Brown and remember to just make the skewers of each thing separately, because it's too hard to get everything the right size to cook together at the right time. It doesn't look as pretty, but I know it would work better.

Anyway, grilled up the skewers outside while Kimmy cooked a box of soy-ginger noodles I found at the store. The noodles were ok - sauce was a little overpowering and the texture was a little different that we expected.

Overall, a nice, easy meal and a nice excuse to get the grill out.


Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer

No comments:

Post a Comment