Saturday, November 14, 2009

Carbonara

This was a clean out the fridge dish. Actually, I was inspired when I was watching Mad Men one day and as the credits rolled by at the end I noticed that the composer of the show's score is David Carbonara. I realized I had everything to make a Carbonara and decided to make it later that week.

While the pasta was cooking, I started with some bacon, thyme and garlic, then added sliced zucchini to that until it was softened. Made the carbonara sauce with lots of parmesan, olive oil, eggs, and lots of pepper. Then when the pasta was cooked, drained it and added it to the pan with the zucchini, tossed it all in the sauce to cook the eggs, and put a little bit of the pasta water back in it to get the texture right.

It turned out ok, I need a little bit more practice to get the proportions right, but we ate plenty of it and I finished the rest off for lunch the next day.

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer

No comments:

Post a Comment