Saturday, November 14, 2009

Carter & Cooley

Kimmy likes to eat man sandwiches. I think this started with her trying my Bird to the Wise (Pastrami and Turkey) at Jason's Deli a few times, and now she gets it, forcing me to get something else. There's not a Jason's Deli close to us, but a nice substitute we've found is Carter and Cooley's Deli on 19th St. Somehow we always manage to go there on the First Saturday of the month, when that street is packed with shoppers and antiquers.

Kimmy likes to get the pastrami there, on rye with mustard, and I had tried their peppered turkey before and enjoyed it, so I decided to get that again, along with a cup of chili.

Thing we or friends have eaten there before: BLT - not recommended by friends, but how bad could a BLT be?, greek salad - not bad.

I really like the historical maps and photos of the Heights they have on the wall - I always notice something new and I'm interested in Houston history. Whenever we want a nice sandwich and are around that area, we seem to end up there, so I guess you'd call us regulars.
Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer

No comments:

Post a Comment