Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cupcakes

So I am excited I finally got to use the Kitchen Aid Ryan and I got from Maw-maw & Paw-paw. I have been wanting to bake sometime and so I wanted to try out one of the Sprinkles cupcake mixes we got from Daniel and Ann from one of our showers. I do enjoy baking but I tend to not eat what I bake. I have one and then I'm done and just want others to eat the rest.

Claudia helped me make the Red Velvet Sprinkles cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. That mix sure is red!!!! The mix also got everywhere and turns anything it touches red too so if you use it- just be careful! Overall, I would say that they turned out nicely. Just as big and looked almost as nice as the real Sprinkles cupcakes. I was proud of them. I really like their cream cheese frosting recipe and will re-use that again with other cupcakes/goodies. Still have the double chocolate mix in the pantry- will try those out sometime!

The Wednesday before Thanksgiving, I wanted to make Pumpkin cupcakes. We made a trip to the store, made our way through the crazy crowd (note to self: stock up on campbells cream of mushroom waaayy before Thanksgiving), got home, started to make the cupcakes in the Kitchen Aid, and realized I forgot to get pumpkin for the pumpkin cupcakes.... back to the store, rushed through while Ryan circled the parking lot, got ALL the needed ingredients, back to the house, and got back to mixing. I got the recipe from another blog I like to check out from time to time- it's the same one where I got the homemade oreo recipe from: Smitten Kitchen. I used the same cream cheese recipe from the Sprinkles mix above and added a hint of maple syrup to it for extra flavor. I would make these again.

Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 pkg. cream cheese
1 stick butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
Pinch of salt

*cream together cream cheese and butter, add sugar in intervals, mix in vanilla/syrup, and salt at the end
*refrigerate if you want it to firm up

ENJOY- Happy Baking.

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer

1 comment:

  1. ooo those red velvets look delicious! They are my fav! -marisa

    ReplyDelete