Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bo Tai Chanh

So I have become a fan of beef carpaccio. Bo Tai Chanh is the Vietnamese version that you can order in some restaurants, and I also had some really good beef carpaccio at Beavers on one of their Thursday night Culture nights. I found a recipe for the Vietnamese version so I thought I'd give it a try. The basic way to make it is to:
1) buy some good meat and thinly slice it
2) sear it quickly to get some color
3) take off and let it sit in some lemon juice, orange juice, and a bit of fish sauce
4) after it's cooked to how you want it- drain the juices, add herbs and fried shallots/onions and enjoy!

Honestly, after getting a quick sear, the meat was really good on it's on. I think we used too much citrus with it because it kind of overpowered the meat- but it was still good. Need to tweek the measurements a bit next time, but here's what it looked it!

0728091332.jpg

2 comments: