Saturday, January 9, 2010

Failed Brownies...

I haven't baked anything since Thanksgiving and wanted to bake some brownies. I really wanted some warm, rich, and gooey ones. Instead I tried a recipe even though I didn't have enough flour (I really wanted to bake without going to the store) and it doesn't look right at all.... I followed the recipe (minus the small amount of flour I thought I had enough of) but the amount of vanilla it said was so over powering. I have never thrown away a whole batch of something that I have baked before because normally at least some part of it is good or edible.... but this was not. Rolled it up into a nice log while it was still warm (cleaned up nicely) and threw it away. No photos of this one folks. I'm sure there will be other disasters to share.

33cent hot chocolate and buying a brownie from Dessert Gallery looks really good right about now.... Their special on hot chocolate/tea/coffee is still going until Sunday so go get some very rich good hot chocolate for a steal while you can!

5 comments:

  1. Kimmy! I wanted to make brownies for NYE but didn't want to go to the store either, and I foudn this recipe http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/best-brownies/Detail.aspx I've made them twice since them and we're hooked! I know people have prefrences for the "type" of brownies they like but these taste great to us :) -Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good Marisa- I will have to try it when I get more flour haha. Baby Violet is coming soon!! Did the doctor give you the ok to come to Houston this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. not sure yet, but I really really hope I can make it!!...I go to the doc on wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimmy, try keeping a few boxes of mix in the pantry. I made one sunday nite and it was greaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do have mix in the pantry- just wanted some from scratch. Chocolate candy and ice cream is a good back up too though.

    ReplyDelete